Social distancing is tough for all of us. But it is especially tough if you are bringing up a puppy!!! Puppies need to play and interact with other dogs in order to learn social skills for life. How they spend they're time and what they learn in the early stages of life shapes them for their adulthood.
With COVID-19 running puppy school as we know it is not possible but we are offering some informative, fun and safe alternatives. Please contact our friendly nurses for more information and to secure your spot.
There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are quite able to learn obedience skills, toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
Classes are sutible for puppies between the ages of 8-16 wks that have had their first vaccination. 5x1 hour sessions over the course of 5 weeks.
We provide an effective Puppy Pre-school program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour.
- Learn how to read your puppy's body language and respond appropriately.
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development.
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas.
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy.
- Teach your puppy some important 'do not' lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together.
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy Pre-school is 'start early'. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome.
So start today and call us about enrolling your puppy in our local Puppy Pre-school classes.